Starting up a venture can be filled with big questions we have trouble answering well. This is especially true when it comes to your finances and accounting.
This event will bring local experts who can help you get a clear perspective accounting choices and structures.
We plan to go over some very basic concepts as groundwork that can set a solid foundation. Things like;
- Basic accounting terms (asset, liability, revenue, Cost of goods sold, Operating Expenses, Gross profit, net profit, fixed expense, variable expense) • Basic accounting principles (measurement, matching, recognition, etc.)
- Balance sheet & Income statements (can’t fly without knowing what the instruments are saying)
- Cash-flow planning & budgeting.
- Profitability vs. solvency. The first doesn’t always mean the second.
- Capital requirements (equip, raw material, inventory, etc.)
- Cash-to-cash cycle
We also plan to do some hands-on exercises in Excel. So bring your laptops and get ready to get your fingers dirty in some exciting accounting. Ok, maybe that's a stretch but, it learning your way around these core principles and more and make a night and day difference in your Startup. That! is fun!
So come out an join us! You won't regret a minute of it!
This event is Free for Bridge and CoLab members, and $10 for all other attendants. We will serve light refreshments and snacks.